Shahi Mushroom Gravy Recipe (Restaurant Style)
Shahi Mushroom Gravy Recipe is a rich, yummilicious dish prepared with butter, mushrooms, onion tomato base, cashew paste, milk and aromatic spices. The special shahi garam masala added here makes the gravy more flavorful and tasty. I have tasted shahi mushroom only once in a North Indian restaurant in Chennai. I wanted to try this shahi mushroom recipe at home so I did some google search and found this recipe in this site. It came out great and my husband loved it. This is a great side dish for Chapathi or jeera pulao or phulka. I am a great mushroom lover, so you can find lot of mushroom recipes in my foodybuddy blog.
- Mushroom 65
- Mushroom Biryani
- Mushroom Manchurian
- Mushroom Mint Biryani
- Mushroom Peas Curry
- Mushroom Kulambu
- Mushroom Potato fry
- Mushroom Chops (chettinadu style)
- Mushroom and Tricolour Pepper Pasta Recipe
- Mushroom Idly Fry / Leftover Idly Recipe
- Soya Chunks Mushroom Curry | Meal Maker Kurma
- Mushroom Tomato and Cucumber Sandwich | No Cheese Sandwich
- Black-Eyed Peas With Mushroom | Lobhiya Khumb Masala / Side Dish For Roti
- Beans Mushroom Stir Fry With Coconut Milk / Beans Mushoom Poriyal
- Stir Fried Asparagus With Mushroom Recipe | Asparagus Stir Fry
Shahi Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 10 Baby bella mushroom or any mushroom
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tsp of ghee
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilly
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of red chilly powder
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 2 tbsp of cashew paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Full Fat Milk
- ½ Tsp of Lemon Juice
- To make shahi garam masala
- ½ tsp of shahi jeera
- 1 stick cinnamom
- ¼ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of ginger powder
- 1 small black cardamom
- 1 javithri
- ½ tspof coriander seeds
- 2 cloves
- In a pan shallow fry the mushroom, salt and butter.
- Transfer the shallow fried mushrooms into a bowl and keep aside.
- In a blender, grind onion and tomato, grind it to a smooth paste.
- For the shahi garam masala:
- In a pan, dry all the ingredients for 2-3 minutes. Grind it using blender to a fine powder.
- For the gravy:
- In a pan add ghee, followed by bay leaf, cumin seeds, green chilly, ginger-garlic paste and onion tomato puree, Fry it until raw smell goes off.
- Now add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and salt to taste. Fry it for a sec. Sprinkle some water and add cashew nut paste and ground masala.
- Add shallow fried button mushroom and milk or cream to it. Mix well, cover and cook it in a low flame for 10 mins. Once it turns thick, add lemon juice and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- The shahi mushroom is ready to be served.
Adding butter gives a rich taste.
If you are a weight watchers, add oil instead of butter.
I used milk for creaminess, if you have cream add that too.
Tags: shahi mushroom, mushroom recipes for chapathi, shahi mushroom gravy recipe, side dish for chapathi, how to make shahi mushroom restaurant style, vegetarian mushroom recipes, kalan recipes ideas for chapathi.