Mushroom Idly Fry is simple and quick to make south Indian breakfast dish with leftover idly. To enhance nutrition of this dish, I added some mushroom and green onion. You can also give this leftover idly fry as snacks for kids or adults. This is my amma (mom’s) recipe. Me and my brother love this idly upma for evening snack. So try this leftover idly recipe with mushroom at home and let me know how it turned out.
How to make Leftover Idly Recipe With Mushroom
Ingredients for Mushroom Idly Fry
Preparation Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 10 mins Serves : 1
- 3 Idly, Big
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, Chopped
- 3 Mushroom, Sliced
- 2 Tsp of Sambhar Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp of Ghee
- 1 Green Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Few Curry Leaves
Method for Mushroom Idly Fry
- Using knife, cut the idly into cube shapes.
- Heat pan with ghee, fry the idly for a min and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves, after it splutters, add onion and salt, fry well until it turns golden brown. Add mushroom, fry for few secs.
- Add sambhar powder, fry for few secs.
- Add tomatoes, fry well until it turns mushy.
- Add water, boil it for few secs, add fried idly, mix well with masala. Finally garnish with green onion.
- Delicious idly fry are ready to serve.
- If you dont have sambhar powder, use 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 Tsp of red chilly powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- If you wish, you can deep fry the idly in oil or ghee instead of shallow frying.
- Add any vegetables of your choice.
Tags: idly upma, idly fry recipe, mushroom idly fry, leftover idly recipe with mushroom, mushroom recipes, idly recipes, upma recipe, south indian food, south indian breakfast recipe, easy upma recipe.