Beetroot burfi recipe / Beetroot coconut burfi is a delicious sweet even a beginner’s can try for this diwali 2016. I really love the colour of the burfi, it looks gorgeous, right ? This beetroot burfi is very famous in my hometown. I wanted to try this sweet for long time, finally made it for my blog post. Try this for diwali, you will love it. Also check coconut burfi recipe in my blog.
Beetroot Burfi Recipe
- 1.5 Cups of Beetroot, Grated
- 1.5 Cups of Coconut, Grated
- ⅓ Cup of Milk
- 2.5 Cups of Sugar
- 4 Cardamom
- ½ Cup of Ghee
- 10-12 Cashews
- Wash and grate the beetroot. In a mixie, add coconut and grind it coarsely.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp of ghee, saute the grated beetroot for 5 mins.
- Add grated coconut, sugar and keep stirring.
- Add milk, allow it to cook for 25 mins in medium high flame otherwise it will spill outside. Do not take your hands from laddle, keep on stirring until it gets reduced to half and turns thick.
- Now add crushed cardamom, ghee and cashews, stir it continuously , till it leaves the sides of the pan. If the mixture turns little dry, act fast.
- Transfer the mixture to the ghee coated plate. Level it and cut it into desired shapes when it is warm.
- Cool it and store it in an airtight container.
- Beetroot burfi is ready to serve.
Saute the beetroot for few mins to get rid of raw smell.
Adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.
Don’t use dry dessicated coconut to make this burfi, it won’t taste good as fresh coconut burfi.
You can use any nuts of your choice to this burfi.
Always cook the whole process in medium flame.