Mushroom Matar Recipe / Mushroom Peas Curry is a delicious side dish made with mushroom and peas cooked in a onion, tomato gravy with a rich butter taste. This is my mom’s recipe. Here I have used only butter to make this muttar mushroom. You can make with oil too instead of butter. This mushroom peas curry goes well with chapathi, naan, phulka or rice. Try this easy dish and let me know in comment box how it turned out.
Also try my other mushroom recipes
- Mushroom Biryani
- Mushroom Kulambu
- Mushroom Pasta
- Mushroom Soup
- Mushroom soya chunks curry
- Mushroom Manchurian
- Mushroom 65
- Mushroom Kurma
- Mushroom, tomato & cucumber sandwich
How to make Mushroom Matar Recipe
- 400 gms (14 oz) of mushroom
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- ½ cup of Green Peas (Frozen)
- ½ Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tsp of Yogurt(curd)
- 2 Heaping Tsp of Coriander - Red Chilly Powder Mix
- 2 Pinches of Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp of Kasuri Methi (Dried Methi Leaves)
- Few Coriander Leaves, Chopped
- Salt to taste
- To Grind - 1
- 2 Onions
- 5 Garlic cloves
- ½ Inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chilly
- To Grind - 2
- 3 Tomatoes
- Wash and chop the mushroom into small pieces.
- Heat a pan with butter, fry the mushroom till they become golden colour. Keep it aside.
- In a mixie, add onion, garlic cloves, ginger and green chilly), grind this along with water to a smooth paste. keep it aside.
- Again in the mixie, add tomato and little water, grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan with butter, add fennel seeds, bay leaf, fry them, add ground onion paste, fry well till raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato paste, fry well, add curd, fry for a min.
- Now add coriander - red chilly powder mix, garam masala, fry well. Add mushroom, peas, saute them with masala, add water, cover and cook it for 12 - 15 mins in a slow flame.
- Once done, add crushed kasuri methi and cilantro, mix well and serve.
I have used frozen green peas, so I added directly to the dish. If you are using fresh, cook in stove top or microwave along with water before you make this dish.
To enrich the taste and retain the shape, I sauted the mushroom well in butter.
In this recipe, I didn't use oil, I used only butter.
Tags: mushroom matar, mushroom matar recipe, matar mushroom recipe, mushroom muttar recipe, mushroom peas curry, mushroom peas masala recipe, recipe for matar mushroom, mushroom recipe for chapathi, mushroom side dish recipe, how to make matar mushroom recipe, prepare mushroom peas gravy, easy gravy with mushroom and peas.