Mint mushroom biryani recipe / easy mint biryani is a flavorful one pot meal that can be done very quickly. Who doesn’t like mint flavor ? the aroma of mint while cooking in cooker makes us feel hungry, right ? I love mushroom 😆 , So I used mushroom along with mint in this biryani. you can add any vegetables like peas or carrots and customize the recipe. I already posted mint pulao recipe. This easy mint biryani has a dominant flavor of mint, mildly spiced and with dollop of ghee absolutely it tasted rich and yummy. You can pack this mint biryani for kids lunch box or office goers lunch box. Serve them with raita or potato kurma.
Also try my other biryani recipes
How to make Mint Mushroom Biryani Recipe
- 1 Cup of Basmathi Rice
- 7 Baby Bella Mushroom or any mushroom, Chopped
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 2-3 Tsp of Ghee(clarified butter)
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Big Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Cardamom (Green)
- 1 Black Cardamom
- ½ Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Tbsp of Fried Onions (optional)
- To Grind
- 1 Cup of Mint Leaves (Fresh), Tightly packed
- ¼ Cup of Coriander Leaves
- 3 Green Chilly
- Soak the basmati rice for 20 mins, drain the water and wash it twice in tap water. Keep it aside.
- In a blender (mixie), add green chilly, mint, coriander leaves and water, grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat a cooker with oil and add 2 tsp of ghee, when it is hot, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom (black and green), bay leaf and fennel seeds, fry it for few secs.
- Add onion and little salt, fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry until raw smell goes off.
- Add ground mint paste, coriander powder and mushroom, fry well for 2 mins.
- Add basmati rice, water, salt and fried onions, mix well. Cook this for 2 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Open the cooker, add lemon juice and ghee, gently mix well with fork.
- Hot, flavorful mint mushroom biryani is ready to serve with raita.
Adding ghee gives a rich taste.
Adding lemon juice is must because that gives tartness to this biryani. Please dont avoid it.
I used 3 green chilly, if you want less spicy. Reduce it to 2. Green chilly adds a flavor to this rice.
If you want, you can add garam masala.
Tags: mint mushroom biryani, mint mushroom biryani recipe, easy mint biryani, quick biryani recipe, how to make mint mushroom biryani at home, prepare mint biryani, mint recipes, biryani recipes, lunch box rice dishes, mushroom biryani with miint, cooker mint biryani, kids lunch box ideas