Beans mushroom poriyal / stir fry is very easy to make side dish with very simple ingredients. This dish is a combination of green beans and mushroom. Both are rich in protein and other vital nutrients which are very good for our health. Here I added coconut milk to the veggies which adds a nice taste to the dish. This can be served with sambar rice, rasam rice, curd rice or chapathi.
1 Cup of Chopped Green Beans
1/2 Cup of Sliced & Chopped Mushroom, I used Baby Bella Mushroom
2 Tbsp of Chopped Red Onion
1 Finely Chopped Big Garlic Clove / 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
1 Heaping Tsp of Sambhar Powder
1 Tbsp of Thick Coconut Milk
1/4 Tsp of Garam Masala
Salt as needed
2 Tsp of Oil / Butter
1 Tsp of Mustard
1/2 Tsp of Urad Dal
5 Curry Leaves
- Wash and chop the beans and mushroom.
- Heat a pan with oil / butter, add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves, after mustard seeds splutters, add chopped red onion and garlic / garlic powder, saute this for 2 mins until onion turns golden brown.
- Add chopped beans, mushroom and salt , fry this for a min. Add sambhar powder and garam masala, fry this for a min, sprinkle some water, cover and cook it for 5 mins in a medium-high flame or until the vegetables turns soft. Open the pan, add coconut milk, mix well with vegetables, cook for another 2 mins and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot with sambar rice, rasam rice, curd rice or chapathi.
- If you don’t have coconut milk, instead you can use cow’s milk.
- If you don’t have sambhar powder, use 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of red chilly powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- If you don’t have any masala, just use salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Health Benefits of Green Beans and Mushroom
- Rich source of dietary fiber, folates, vitamin B6 and vitamin A.
- Rich in anti-oxidant, protein and good for cardiovascular system.
- They are good immune booster.
- Good for weight loss.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Good for immune function and cardiovascular benefits.
- Mushroom are low in calories, cholesterol free and rich in vitamin D and selenium
Tags : Stirfry, stirfryrecipe, poriyal, poriyalrecipe beansporiyal, beansmushroomporiyal, beansmushroomstirfry, beansfry, vegetablefry,mushroomfry,beansstirfry,mushroomstirfry, sidedishforrice, Indiansidedish, beanssubji, mushroomsubji sidedishforchapathi,Beanswithcoconutmilk