Shahi Mushroom Gravy Recipe is a rich, yummilicious dish prepared with butter, mushrooms, onion tomato base, cashew paste, milk and aromatic spices. The special shahi garam masala added here makes the gravy more flavorful and tasty. I have tasted shahi mushroom only once in a North Indian restaurant in Chennai. I wanted to try this shahi mushroom recipe at home so I did some google search and found this recipe in this site. It came out great and my husband loved it. This is a great side dish for Chapathi or jeera pulao or phulka. I am a great mushroom lover, so you can find lot of mushroom recipes in my foodybuddy blog.
- Mushroom 65
- Mushroom Biryani
- Mushroom Manchurian
- Mushroom Mint Biryani
- Mushroom Peas Curry
- Mushroom Kulambu
- Mushroom Potato fry
- Mushroom Chops (chettinadu style)
- Mushroom and Tricolour Pepper Pasta Recipe
- Mushroom Idly Fry / Leftover Idly Recipe
- Soya Chunks Mushroom Curry | Meal Maker Kurma
- Mushroom Tomato and Cucumber Sandwich | No Cheese Sandwich
- Black-Eyed Peas With Mushroom | Lobhiya Khumb Masala / Side Dish For Roti
- Beans Mushroom Stir Fry With Coconut Milk / Beans Mushoom Poriyal
- Stir Fried Asparagus With Mushroom Recipe | Asparagus Stir Fry
Shahi Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 10 Baby bella mushroom or any mushroom
- 2 Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 2 Tsp of ghee
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilly
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of red chilly powder
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 2 tbsp of cashew paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp of Full Fat Milk
- ½ Tsp of Lemon Juice
- To make shahi garam masala
- ½ tsp of shahi jeera
- 1 stick cinnamom
- ¼ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of ginger powder
- 1 small black cardamom
- 1 javithri
- ½ tspof coriander seeds
- 2 cloves
- In a pan shallow fry the mushroom, salt and butter.
- Transfer the shallow fried mushrooms into a bowl and keep aside.
- In a blender, grind onion and tomato, grind it to a smooth paste.
- For the shahi garam masala:
- In a pan, dry all the ingredients for 2-3 minutes. Grind it using blender to a fine powder.
- For the gravy:
- In a pan add ghee, followed by bay leaf, cumin seeds, green chilly, ginger-garlic paste and onion tomato puree, Fry it until raw smell goes off.
- Now add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and salt to taste. Fry it for a sec. Sprinkle some water and add cashew nut paste and ground masala.
- Add shallow fried button mushroom and milk or cream to it. Mix well, cover and cook it in a low flame for 10 mins. Once it turns thick, add lemon juice and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- The shahi mushroom is ready to be served.
Adding butter gives a rich taste.
If you are a weight watchers, add oil instead of butter.
I used milk for creaminess, if you have cream add that too.
Tags: shahi mushroom, mushroom recipes for chapathi, shahi mushroom gravy recipe, side dish for chapathi, how to make shahi mushroom restaurant style, vegetarian mushroom recipes, kalan recipes ideas for chapathi.
Ohh it looks so yumm…perfect side for chapathia
Comments are closed.