Cilantro almond pesto pasta recipe is rich in taste, colorful and flavorful. I love the fresh flavor of cilantro(coriander leaves), rich taste of almonds, a nice flavor of garlic, spiciness from chilly, little tartness from lemon juice and adding olive oil balances all the taste and it takes the pasta recipe to a whole new level. You can try this creamy, delicious cilantro pesto for pasta, pizza and sandwich.
If you don’t have almonds, replace it with cashews or walnuts. You can make this for lunch or dinner, it is very filling, healthy and yummy. Pack this for kids lunch box too. Also check my other pasta recipes – Basil pesto pasta, Indian Style Vegetarian Pasta Recipe, Pasta Salad with low fat 1000 Island Dressing, Mushroom and Tricolour Pepper Pasta Recipe, Creamy Avocado Pasta, Elbow Pasta with Broccoli,, CHEESY VEGETABLE PASTA, Elbow Pasta with Broccoli, Roma Tomatoes and Green Olives
Cilantro almond pesto pasta recipe
- 1 Cup of Rotini Pasta
- 1 and ¼ Cup of Cilantro (Coriander leaves), small bunch
- 20 Almonds, Roasted
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Green Chilly (Indian)
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp of Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Cook the pasta as per the package directions along with oil and salt.
- Once it done, drain the water and transfer the pasta to a mixing bowl.
- In a pan, add little oil, add garlic and green chilly, fry it for a min. Add this to a blender grind it along with cilantro, water and almonds.
- Transfer this ground paste and lemon juice to cooked pasta, add little oil and salt. Mix thoroughly until the pasta are coated well with pesto. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top for extra taste.
- Yummy cilantro almond pesto pasta is ready to enjoy 🙂
You can use this cilantro pesto for any type of pasta.
You can use any oil instead of olive oil.
Add serrano or jalepeno in place of green chilly.
Here I used roasted almonds. If you are using unroasted almonds, roast it in a pan before you make pesto.