Elbows in Italian is named for its twisted tubular shape. Elbows are perfect for the American macaroni and cheese and pasta salad. This is one of my favorite weekend breakfast recipe. It is very easy to make and healthy recipe even a beginner can do without cooking knowledge. Great recipe to pack for lunch box. I bet your kids will love this pasta.
1 and 1/4 Cup of Elbow Pasta
2 Finely Chopped Garlic
1 Finely Chopped Roma Tomato
1/2 Cup of Chopped Broccoli
1/2 Tsp of Red Chilli Flakes
1 and 1/2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Few Green Olives
2 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese(opt)
1 Tbsp of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Dash of salt and pepper
3-4 Cups of Water
- Bring 3-4 Cups of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
- Add elbow pasta to water and stir gently.
- To get authentic pasta taste, boil uncovered for 10- 12 mins and stir occasionally.once it done, just drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil, add red chilli flakes, chopped garlic and saute until slightly yellow in color about 1-2 mins.
- Add chopped broccoli and tomato, cook for a 1-2 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the skillet and add Parmesan cheese, toss well. Switch off the stove.
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese, green olives and serve immediately.
- Adding Parmesan cheese and green olives are optional. I used because I love Parmesan, green olives and pasta combination.
- You can follow the same recipe by using any pasta.
Health Benefits of Elbow Pasta
- Try to use whole wheat or multi-grain pasta as it was rich in nutritional benefits like protein, vitamins, fiber and ALA omega-3.
- Adding green olives prevents heart diseases and cancer.