I’m a big fan of avocado. I always eat avocado in a guacamole form. They are really very good for our health because of the presence of vitamins & good fat in it. For a change, I tried with pasta, it tastes really yummy.
Just Avocado, that’s all you need for this delicious avocado pasta.
It’s taste really wonderful how creaminess of avocado replaces the creaminess of using traditional alfredo sauce. Addition of lemon juice gives a tangy taste. Chopped onion, tomato and garlic flavor gives a extra kick to this dish. On the whole, avocado gives the pasta, a gorgeous green color. This dish is very easy to make and it can be on your table in 15 mins.
2 Handful of Multigrain Spaghetti
1 Large Avocado
1 Medium size Onion, Chopped
1 Roma Tomato, Chopped
1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
Dash of Black Pepper Powder
Dash of Salt
1 Tsp of Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp of Cilantro Leaves
1 Tbsp of Vegennaise or Mayonnaise (Opt)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions. Once it done, drain the water and rinse it well with cold water to avoid stickiness. Keep this aside.
Prepare avocado Sauce
- Chop onions and tomatoes into a small pieces and set aside.
- Add avocado to a bowl, then use a fork or spoon to mash into chunky paste. Add chopped onion, tomato, garlic powder, lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. For extra creaminess, add vegennaise to it, mix well. Taste it and adjust salt and pepper accordingly.
Here is the video for you to make guacamole
Combine sauce and pasta
Combine both pasta and sauce in a bowl. Use two spoons or tongs to toss. Serve immediately. Make 2 servings.
- Buy avocado 2-3 days in advance of your preparation day. Most avocado you find in store are rock hard so leave them outside to soften up for few days. This is to speed up the ripening process.
- Use avocado when it is in dark green colour.
- Onions are the mainstay for this recipe.It gives distinct flavor.
- If you don’t have garlic powder or use crushed garlic or try with rest of the ingredients.
- If you have any unused avocado, store them with seed so that you can use it later. Other trick is adding lime juice which prevents avocado from oxidation.
- Do not reheat the pasta dish due to avocado in the sauce. Serve immediately.
- Pasta dish is best eaten on the day it is made.
Health Benefits of Avocado
- Inhibits the growth of cancer.
- Rich in folate and vitamin C
- High in beta-sitosterol, a compound helps to lower cholesterol level.