Indian style Vegetarian Pasta recipe is an easy, yummy kids breakfast dish made with basic pantry ingredients. Usually pasta can be made with sauces like tomato sauce or white sauce. This pasta recipe is made without sauce, here I used Indian aromatic spices and veggies to make the pasta dish more flavorful, healthy and tasty. You can pack this pasta for kids lunch box or it makes a great after school snack. Try it you will love it.
Also check my other pasta recipes
- Mushroom tricolour pepper pasta
- Pasta Salad with thousand Island dressing
- Creamy Avocado Pasta
- Chessy Vegetable Pasta
- Basil Pesto Pasta
- Elbow pasta with broccoli, tomatoes and olives
- 1 Cup of Fusilli Pasta
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 2 Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- 1 Carrot, Chopped
- 1 Capsicum, Chopped
- ¼ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp of Sambar Powder
- ½ Tsp of Garam Masala
- ¼ Tsp of Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp of Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
- Few Coriander Leaves
- 2 Spring Onions(green onion), Chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil or butter, add mustard seeds and curry leaves, after it pops up.
- Add onion and garlic, fry until it turns golden brown colour.
- Add tomato, fry until it turns soft.
- Add all the masala powder- turmeric powder, sambar powder, cumin powder and garam masala, fry for a min.
- Add all the veggies, fry well for a min and add water, cook it few mins. Do not over cook the veggies.
- Add the pasta, mix really well and cook for sometimes until it absorbs all masala, finally garnish it with coriander leaves and chopped spring onions. Turn off the stove.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
You can use any kinds of pasta.
Dont have sambar powder, add 2 tsp of coriander powder and 1 tsp of red chilly powder. Otherwise add pepper powder alone.
Butter adds a nice flavor.