Jigarthanda is a popular milk based energy drink sold in many restaurants and road side shops in south India. Jigar means “liver /heart /mind” Thanda means “cooling”. Jigarthanda Popsicle is prepared with almond tree gum (Badam Pisin), nannari syrup, milk and sugar. I already posted the authentic madurai Jigarthanda recipe in my blog. This is my favourite drink and I will never miss this drink when ever I go to Madurai.
Coming to the jigarthanda popsicle recipe, here I used vanilla extract in place of nannari syrup and I used condensed milk in place of ice cream. I have no idea whether this jigardhanda popsicle available in shops, this is my own creative recipe by following the jigarthanda recipe. The idea of making this popsicle was in my mind for long time, at last I tried it last week. Woo-ooh, it was so rich, creamy and yummy. Here in US, summer has started it’s getting hot so this madurai jil jil jigarthada kulfi helps me to cool the body instantly. I bet the kids will love this for sure. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turned out. Also try my other popsicle recipes.
How to make Jigarthanda Popsicle Recipe
- 4 Tbsp of Badam Pisin from 2 small stones
- 5 Tsp of Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Condensed Milk
- 2 Cup of Full Fat Milk reduced to ½ cup of milk
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Soak the badam pisin in water for overnight or until it blooms.
- Boil the milk in a heavy vessel on a slow flame to prevent burning. Boil till the milk reduced to ½ cup milk. Let it cool for 30 mins.
- Now to the milk, add sugar, condensed milk, badam pisin, salt and vanilla extract. Mix everything well with a whisk.
- Pour this into a mold and freeze it for overnight.
- Rich, creamy and yummy jigarthanda popsicle is ready to serve.
Add ice cream or store bough paal kova in place of condensed milk.
You can replace vanilla extract with nannari syrup or rose essence.
If you like nuts, add your favourite chopped nuts.
Tags: jigarthanda recipe, jigardhanda popsicle, jigarthanda popsicle recipe, jigarthanda kuchi ice, madurai jigarthanda popsicle, jigarthanda cool drink popsicle, how to make jigarthanda popsicle, prepare jigarthanda popsicle, authentic madurai jil jil jigarthanda popsicle