Condensed milk recipe at home is very simple and easy. All your need is just four ingredients and the cost of making homemade condensed milk is cheaper than buying it from supermarket. You can prepare condensed milk by two ways, one is by using full fat milk and other one is milk powder. Here I used milk powder to make condensed milk and it tastes absolutely delicious and yummy and I got this recipe from here.
I used to get lots of Milkmaid condensed milk from nearby store to make sweets. But now I use this sweetened condensed milk recipe, to make Indian sweet (Dessert) recipes at home like kheer, payasam, halwa, burfi and for baking. Also substitute condensed milk in place of mawa in making sweets. Yesterday I made milk kulfi recipe with homemade condensed milk. Try this condensed milk recipe using milk powder and serve it for kids with fruits and nuts for topping, they will surely enjoy.
Health Benefits of Condensed Milk
- Condensed milk is a healthy food as it has all the essential nutrients like carbohydrates, fats, proteins required for all age groups.
- Presence of calcium in milk helps in the maintenance of bones and teeth especially for growing children.
- Other nutrients in condensed milk are potassium for proper nerve function, magnesium for muscular function and phosphorus for energy metabolism.
- As it has sugar, consume it limited amount as per daily dietary requirements.
Ingredients To Condensed Milk Recipe
- 1/2 Cup of Milk Powder
- 1/4 Cup of White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Boiling Water
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- In a blender, add milk powder, sugar, boiling water and butter.
- Blend all ingredients together until they are smooth and creamy.
- Condensed milk is ready to make sweets and store it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for 3-4 days.
- Adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.
- If you think your condensed milk is too thick, add little more boiling water, blend it to get incorporate.
- It will get thicker after refrigeration, but will loosen up when stirred and brought to room temperature.
- Add few drops of vanilla essence for different flavour and taste.