Bittergourd 65 Recipe / Pavakkai 65 / Karela 65 is an easy, deep-fried snack made with bittergourd. I guess, everyone love Gobi Manchurian and mushroom 65. But I wanted to try something different so I tried with bittergourd. Wow, it was so good in taste. If you are bittergourd lover like me, you will absolutely love this pavakkai 65 for sure. In this recipe, bittergourds are marinated in a batter, then deep-fried in oil. You can serve this as a starter or as side dish or as a tea time snack. I had it with sambar rice and curd rice as side dish. Try this karela 65 and let me know your feedback.
How to make Bittergourd 65 Recipe
Bitter gourd 65 / Pavakkai 65 Recipe
- 2 Bitter Gourds, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp of Maida
- 2 Tbsp of Rice Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Corn Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp of Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp of Dosa Batter (optional)
- 2 Tsp of Sambar Powder
- ¾ Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- ½ Tsp of Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
- Pinch of Sugar
- Water as needed
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash and slice the bitter gourd finely.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except oil. Mix well with hand to make a thick paste and add sliced bittergourd. Keep the bowl in a fridge for 15 mins.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is hot, gently add the bittergourd to the oil , deep fry it until golden brown colour and drain them on paper towel.
- Hot, delicious bittergourd 65 fry is ready to serve.
Keep tooth prick in each bittergourd and served it as an appetizer.
You can also add vinegar, if you prefer.
If you dont have sambar powder, add 2 coriander powder and ½ red chilly powder.
Add salt accordingly as sauce has salt in it.
You can follow the same recipe for any veggies.
tags: bittergourd 65, bittergourd 65 recipe, pavakkai 65, karela 65, bittergourd recipe ideas, pavakkai recipe ideas, karela recipe ideas, how to make bittergourd 65 recipe, prepare bittergourd 65, easy snack recipe