This easy arugula black bean salad with cottage cheese is an elegant, healthy and refreshing dish. Arugula is a leafy vegetable low in calories and high in calcium and vitamins. This is a first time, I tried arugula green in my life. It doesn’t taste good on its own but the dressing and the cheese compliment well with peppery arugula. This simple arugula salad has a perfect mix of all tastes and flavors, bitter (arugula), sour (salsa and red wine vinaigrette), sweet (honey) and rich and creamy (cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese) and crunchy taste (tortilla chips) makes a full and satisfying salad. If you love nuts, you can top the salad with pine nuts or peanuts or pecans. Serve as a first course or as an accompaniment for pizza or pasta for dinner. For more salad recipes, refer my recipe index.
How to make Arugula Salad Recipe
- 2 Handfuls of Arugula
- 6 Tbsp of Canned Black Beans
- 2 Tbsp of Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp of Salsa
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- ¼ Tsp of Honey
- 2 Tsp of Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 8 Black Olives, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp of Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tsp of Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Tortilla Chips as needed
- Wash the arugula. Chop the onion finely and slice the black olives.
- In a mixing bowl, combine arugula, black beans, red onion, salsa, honey, olive oil, red wine vinaigrette, black olives, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss well with fork or spoon.
- Garnish with tortilla chips and serve as an accompaniment for pizza or pasta for dinner.
If you love nuts, you can top the salad with pine nuts or peanuts or pecans.
If you have love cherry tomatoes, add it to the salad and avoid salsa.