Eggless Chocolate Chips Muffins / Double Chocolate Muffins is a super soft, moist in texture which are eggless, butterless and ridiculously delicious with choco chips on top. The key to make a perfect muffin is to add baking soda and baking powder which helps in puffy top while baking. Adding fats like oil makes the muffins moist and soft..I made this chocolate chips muffins for my sister in law kids when they came here to US. Baking is really fun, adding a right ingredients with proper measurements and baking at correct temperature gives you a nice result.
Also take a look Eggless chocolate muffin recipe , Eggless Chocolate cake (vegan), Eggless chocolate mayo cake, Single serving microwave chocolate cake. Serve this chocolate chips muffins with coffee, this is a perfect way to start the day.
Eggless Chocolate Chips Muffins
- ½ Cup of Maida (All purpose flour)
- ¼ Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- ½ Tsp of Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Baking Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp of Oil
- ½ Tbsp of White vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup of Water
- ½ Cup of Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, add both the flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients - oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix it well.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl. Whisk it well to avoid lumps. Don't over mix it.
- Now add chocolate chips to the batter and give a gentle mix with spatula.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Take a muffin tray, grease it with oil and spoon the batter into each muffin hole till ¾th. Top it with few more choco chips.
- Bake it for 20-25 mins. Check by inserting a tooth prick in the center and if it comes out clean then your muffins are ready.
- Allow the muffins to cool down in wire rack and store or enjoy it warm as breakfast or snack.
If you don't have chocolate chips, add nuts of your choice.
If you want you can double the recipe
Baking soda and baking powder are must. Don't omit it.