Bamboo Rice Dosa Recipe / Moongil Dosai is a healthy, delicious dosa made with bamboo rice and urad dal. Bamboo rice is a nutritious short rice grain infused with bamboo juice. It helps to control blood pressure, cholesterol, sugar and it removes toxic substance from our body. My mom bought this packet of bamboo rice from Palamudhir nilayam in Nanganallur (chennai). We tried few recipes at home with bamboo rice(moongil arisi), everything came out good. Try this moongil arisi dosa at home, you will love it. This bamboo rice dosa tastes great with sambar and green chutney.
Also check my other dosa recipes
- Tomato toor dal dosa
- Spongy Aval (poha) dosa
- Onion Rava Dosa (hotel Style)
- Quinoa Dosa
- oats dosa (Instant)
- Oats Aval Dosa
- Bajra Dosa
- Leftover Magic Dosa
- Masala Wheat Dosa
- Pesarattu / Green Moong Dosa
Bamboo Rice Dosa Recipe / Moongil Dosai
- 1 cup of Bamboo Rice
- 1 Cup of Raw Rice
- ½ Cup of Urad Dal
- 1 Tsp of Methi Seeds
- Salt and Water as needed
- Soak everything in water except salt in the ingredient list together for 10 hours. Wash it for 3 times.
- Grind it smoothly by adding water in a grinder or mixie. Add salt and mix it well with hand.
- Keep it overnight for fermentation for 12 hours. In the morning stir well thoroughly with ladle.
- Heat the griddle (tawa), pour 2 ladleful of dosa batter and spread it in a circular motion. Then drizzle oil over it and cook on both sides until it turns golden brown colour.
- Hot, yummy bamboo rice dosa is ready to serve with chutney.
You can add grated carrots to the batter if you wish.