Green chutney is a puree of coriander, mint and curry leaves with the addition of spices and flavourings. Green chutney recipe can be served with dosa, idly and samosa even sandwiches.This chutney has a distinct aroma, delicious and easy to make.
- Cut off roots from the coriander and any thick stalks from the mint and thoroughly wash in a tap water.
- Heat oil in the pan, roast urad dal until golden brown. Add curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander, green chillies, asafoetida, coconut and tamarind after urad dal gets roasted.
- Let it cool for sometime .
- Grind all the ingredients with salt and water in blender until smooth.
- Finally temper it with mustard, urad dal and curry leaves
- Acts to increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
- Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive aid
- Wards off urinary tract infections
- Helps promote healthy liver function.
- Mint helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
- Crushed mint leaves helps in whitening teeth and combat bad breath.
- Mint is a very good cleanser for the blood.