Oats dosa is one of my favorite breakfast dish, as it is so crispy, tasty and healthy. In this dosa preparation, roast the oats and sooji, mix all the ingredients in a bowl along with enough water and make a dosa. Here you don’t need anything to soak, grind or ferment the rice and dal to make dosa. This instant dosa can be made in a jiffy.This post was in my draft for a long time and here it comes the crispy, healthy oats recipe.
3/4 Cup of Oats
1/2 Cup of Rice Flour
1/4 Cup of Rava (Sooji)
1/4 Cup of Maida
1 Tsp of Whole Black Pepper
1 Tsp of Whole Cumin
1/3 Cup of Red Onion, Finely Chopped
2 Green Chillies, Finely Chopped
10 Curry Leaves
Salt to Taste
3 Cup of Water
- In a medium flame, heat a pan and dry roast the sooji and oats separately, for 2-3 mins until color changes and nice aroma arises.
- In a mixie( Spice grinder), grind the oats to a fine powder.
- In a wide bowl, add sooji, oats powder, rice flour, maida, onion, pepper, cumin, green chillies, curry leaves, salt and water. Mix well with a spoon or fork and the batter should be too watery, not thick. Let the batter sit for 30 mins.
- Heat a griddle (Dosa pan), just sprinkle the batter with your hand, in a circular motion to the pan, drizzle some oil over the dosa or on sides. When it is cooked, flip carefully to the other side. Cook both the sides until it turns crisp. After it is cooked, remove from heat.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the batter.
- Serve this dosa with tomato chutney or any chutney of your choice.
- Here I used multigrain cereal which has 80% of oats and 20% of other grains.
- Always cook dosa in a medium flame.
- Adjust the number of green chilly according to your spicy level.
- You can also spread dosa batter with laddle, just pour the batter to the pan in a circular motion like you do for rava dosa.
- Consistency of batter should be watery as we do for rava dosa.
- You can also add 2 tbsp of curd to give a nice flavor to dosa.
Health Benefits of Oats
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Reduces the cardiovascular disease.
- Enhances immune responses to infection.
- Lowers type 2 diabetes.
- Controls the blood pressure.
- Increase appetite control hormones.
Great way of incorporating oats and surely a wonderful start for the day. I adore the idea and the tosai is so good.
crispy oats dosa.. Instant makes it more attractive
Dosas look very crispy n delicious
This is really a wholesome breakfast. Have made this many times but didn’t add pepper. Yours looks very nice.
I never say no to dosa.. Very crispy…
This is a healthy combo of dosa…
Ongoing event Eat Seasonal Food Fresh
Ongoing event Forever Friends
looks so wonderful….
Looks so crispy and yummy.
This is healthy and yummy ! looks real good 🙂
Lovely & healthy dosa.. Cool click 🙂
Healthy yummy dosa.. Dosa looks crispy..
a very healthy n filling breakfast…today’s post : http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/08/cucumber-peanut-butter-sandwiches.html
very very crispy and healthy dosa Gayathri…
That’s a very healthy and wholesome breakfast.. Thank you for the recipe 🙂
Very healthy breakfast dear. Bookmarked.
Simple and delicious Dosa………..////////
Indian Breakfast Recipes
Comments are closed.