Dosa is a stable breakfast dish from South India. Today recipe is oats aval dosai / Oats Poha Dosa. They are crispy and yummy, easy to make breakfast dish. I already posted oats dosa recipe and spongy aval dosa recipe in my blog. This crispy dosa is a combination of oats, aval(poha), rice and dal. Here I used red aval and steel cuts oats, you can also use quaker old fashioned oats or quick oats to make this oats aval dosa at home. This dosa is not only healthy also they are delicious in taste when you serve with green chutney or tomato chutney or even milagai podi.
How to make Oats Aval Dosa Recipe
Ingredients – Oats Aval Dosa Recipe
Preparation Time : 10 hrs Cooking Time: 30 Serves: 15 dosas
- 2 Cups of Idly Rice / Boiled Rice
- 1/2 Cup of Aval (Poha)
- 1/2 Cup of Oats, I used steel cut oats
- 1/2 Cup of Urad Dal (Black Gram)
- 1 Tsp of Fenugreek
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
Method – Oats Aval Dosa Recipe
- Soak rice and urad dal seperately in water for overnight or atleast 6 hrs. Soak fenugreek along with urad dal.
- Soak oats and aval in a vessel for one hour before grinding.
- Next day, first grind urad dal and fenugreek to a smooth paste by adding required amount of water. Transfer this batter to a vessel.
- Then grind rice, aval and oats together to a smooth paste by adding required amount of water. Transfer this batter to the same vessel.
- Now mix everything along with salt and allow to ferment the batter for overnight.
- Heat a pan, take a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly on to the pan. Drizzle oil on sides of dosa. When dosa turns golden brown on bottom side, flip it and cook the other side for a min. Now hot and crispy oats aval dosa is ready to serve with your favourite chutney.
- You can use the same batter to make idly.
- Add grated veggies to enhance nutrition to dosa.
- You can use quaker old fashioned oats or quick oats to make this dosa.
Tags: oats dosai, oats aval dosa recipe, aval dosa recipe, how to make oats aval dosa recipe at home, aval oats dosa, aval recipes, oats recipes for breakfast, prepare oats aval dosa, dosa recipes, south indian dosa recipes, how to make crispy dosa at home, south indian breakfast recipes.