Easy Oats cutlet recipe / oats aloo tikki is a healthy fantastic diabetic snack made with oats, potato and spice mix. Oats tikki is a perfect snack for weight watchers. You can use this oats cutlet for sandwich filling or burgers or you can have it with green chutney or tomato ketchup. Add any grated vegetables of your choice to enhance the nutrition. For oats recipe ideas – oats dosa, oats pongal, oats aval dosa, oats paniyaram, oats upma, steel cuts oats with fruits and nuts.
How to make Easy Oats Cutlet Recipe
- ½ Cup of Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Big Potato, Boiled and mashed
- 1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- ½ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp of Cumin Powder
- ½ Tsp of Garam Masala Powder
- Pinch of Chat Masala
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice or to taste
- Salt as needed
- 2 Tbsp of Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 2 -3Tbsp of Oil to shallow fry
- Dry roast the oats, cool it and grind it to a smooth powder.
- Take a bowl, add mashed potato, oats powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, chat masala, asafoetida,salt and lemon juice. Combine well with hand. Divide into equally sized balls and shape them into desired shapes like round or square or heart shaped cutlet.
- Dip this cutlet in milk, roll it in bread crumbs.
- Heat tawa (pan) on medium heat.
- Place the cutlet in the pan, drizzle some oil and cook the lower side until golden brown. Flip it to other side, add little more oil and cook till it turns golden brown.
- You can also deep fry the cutlet.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the cutlet.
- Serve hot with ketchup or use it as sandwich filling.
You can also add vegetables like grated carrot, peas and mushroom or nuts like cashews to the cutlet.
You can make them in various shapes.
Adding bread crumbs makes the cutlet crisp.