Now-a-days oats are getting popular because of health benefits. Instead of having oats porridge as breakfast, I want to try something different. One such easy breakfast recipe is oats upma which is healthy and nutritious.
1/2 Cup of Oats
1/4 Cup of Onion
2 Tbsp of Chopped Tomato
1 Green Chilly
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Tbsp of Peas
2 Tbsp of Chopped carrot
1 Tbsp of Peanut
1 Tbsp of Corn
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric
2 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
1/2 Cup-3/4 Cup of Water
Salt as needed
2 Tbsp of oil
1 Tsp of Mustard
1 Tsp of Urad Dal
1 Tsp of Channa Dal
1 Red Chilly
A Pinch Of Asafoetida
Few Curry Leaves
- Heat oil in pan and add “To Temper” ingredients. Add Mustard after it crackles add urad dal, red chillies, channa dal, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add onions, green chilly, ginger garlic paste and saute well till onions turns translucent.
- Add turmeric and chopped tomato, saute well.
- Add all vegetables(carrot, peas, corn) and peanuts. Saute for few mins.
- Then add required water and salt.
- When water come to boil, simmer the flame and add oats, cover and cook till it done.
- Garnish with Chopped Cilantro.
- Serve yummy oats upma with any chutney.
- You can dry roast oats before adding to pan.
- Cook in low flame as oats sticks to the pan.
- Adding Coconut gives different taste.
Health Benefits of Oats
- Oats are good source of dietary fiber.
- Oats contains one of the best source of Inositol, which is important maintaining for blood cholesterol level.
- It acts as an antidepressant.