Among South Indian breakfast recipes, my favourite dish is kuzhi paniyaram. This oats paniyaram is in my to do a list for long time. Last week I tried this oats recipe from other blog. It came out so good and tasty. Love to eat this oats paniyaram for breakfast as it was very healthy and has oats and mixed lentils. This oats paniyaram is really soft on inside and crispy on outside. You can do this oats paniyaram for breakfast or dinner or for evening snack. Also perfect to pack for lunch box for kids and a bachelor friendly recipe.
Health Benefits of Oats
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Reduces the cardiovascular disease.
- Enhances immune responses to infection.
- Lowers type 2 diabetes.
- Controls the blood pressure.
- Increase appetite control hormones.
Soaking Time : 4-6 hrs Preparation Time : 15 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins Serves : 4
Ingredients to Oats Paniyaram Recipe
- 1.5 Cups of Quaker oats
- 1/2 Cup of Toor Dal
- 1/2 Cup of Channa Dal
- 2 Tbsp of Urad Dal
- 2 Tbsp of Moong Dal
- 2 Medium Sized Onions, Finely Chopped
- 1 Inch of Ginger, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 8-10 Red Chillies
- Few Curry Leaves and Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 Tsp of Asafoetida
- Salt to Taste
- Oil to Fry
- Soak the dals together for overnight or atleast hrs. Wash the dals in running tap water and keep it aside.
- In a blender (mixie), powder the oats, red chillies, fennel and ginger. Finally add the dals and water, grind it. The batter to be in pouring consistency.
- Add chopped onion, curry leaves, coriander leaves, asafoetida and salt. Mix it well.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, add tsp of oil to each hole, when it is hot, add batter, cover and cook it in medium flame until it turns golden brown colour. Flip it to other side and cook.
- Hot and yummy oats paniyaram is ready to serve for breakfast with side dishes like tomato chutney or onion tomato chutney or mint coconut chutney.
- For healthier version, add grated vegetables like carrot, beetroot to the batter.
- Replace green chilies in place of red chilies.
- Adding asafoetida is to reduce flatulence and digestive disorders.
Technorati Tags ; Paniyaram Recipe, oats paniyaram, instant oats paniyaram, oats paniyaram recipe, indian oats breakfast recipe, oats recipe, south indian breakfast ideas with oats, breakfast recipe, oats dishes, snack with oats