Brinjal Chutney Recipe is a flavourful and tasty condiment made from brinjal. If are a brinjal lover like me. then you will surely love this brinjal chutney a lot. You can use small brinjal or larger ones to make this chutney and for spicy taste, use either red chilly or green chilly. This brinjal chutney recipe is a perfect side dish for idly and dosa. Try kathirikkai chutney (thogayal) for idly and let me know how it turned out.
- 12 Small Brinjals (violet)
- 2 Tbsp of Urad Dal
- 3 Red Chilies
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Small grape size of Tamarind
- 1/4 Tsp of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard
- Few Curry Leaves
- Chop the brinjals to small pieces.
- Heat a pan with oil, add all the ingredients one by one except brinjals and salt, fry it until it changes colour. Transfer it to a plate.
- In the same pan, add oil, add chopped brinjals, fry it until turns soft. Transfer it to the same plate. Let it cool down for 10 mins and grind everything in a mixie.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is hot, add mustard and curry leaves, after it splutters. Transfer this tempering to chutney. Mix well.
- Yummy brinjal chutney is ready to serve for dosa or idly.
- Always cut brinjals before you fry in oil.
- Adjust the number of red chilly according to your taste.
- You can use any variety of brinjal.
- Use green chilly in place of red chillies for spicy taste.
- You can also grill the brinjal in oven or stove top and make chutney
Technorati tags : brinjal chutney, brinjal chutney recipe, kathirikkai chutney, kathirikkai thogayal, eggplant chutney, vengaya pachadi, side dish with brinjal, brinjal chutney for idly dosa, chutney recipes, chutney in tamil, south Indian chutney recipe
my fav chutney.. love it
Comments are closed.