Rava Kara Paniyaram Recipe is a quick to make south Indian breakfast dish. This instant spicy paniyaram tastes delicious with coconut chutney or tomato chutney. I saw this recipe on a tv show few months back and I wanted to try it for long time. Yesterday I tried this sooji paniyaram for breakfast, it turned out awesome and it looks cute. They are golden crispy on outside and spongy on inside. You cannot keep counting on how many you ate, it just vanishes from the plate. You can add any vegetables or tiny bits of coconut to the batter to make this paniyaram even more tasty and healthy. Try this rava kara paniyaram for kids after school snack, they will enjoy it for sure. Also check my chettinadu style kara paniyaram , quinoa paniyaram and oats paniyaram in my blog.
How to make Rava Kara Paniyaram recipe
- 1 Cup of Roasted Rava (sooji)
- ½ Cup of Curd (Yogurt)
- ½ Inch of Ginger, Finely Chopped
- 2 Green Chilly, Finely Chopped
- ½ Tsp of Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup + 2 Tbsp of Water
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- To Temper
- 1 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 Tsp of Channa Dal (bengal gram)
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Medium sized Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- Heat a pan, add rava dry roast it for few mins until nice aroma comes. Transfer it to a bowl, let it cool down for 5 mins.
- To that bowl, add curd, green chilly, ginger, baking soda, salt and water. Mix it well.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with oil, temper it with mustard seeds, urad dal, bengal gram, curry leaves, after it pops up, add turmeric powder and onion, fry well until golden brown and transfer it to the batter and mix it well.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, fill each hole with a tsp of oil and pour the spoonful of batter to each hole.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for few mins until it turns golden brown. Flip it to other side and cook for few mins.
- Hot, yummy rava paniyaram is ready. Serve it with coconut chutney.
You can enhance the taste by adding grated vegetables of your choice.
Adding ginger is for easy digestion.
Adjust the no of green chilly according to your taste.
You can also make paniyaram without tempering.
tags: rava kara paniyaram recipe, rava kuzhi paniyaram, kuzhi paniyaram, paniyaram recipe, Indian breakfast ideas, rava paniyaram, kara paniyaram recipe, spicy paniyaram recipe, sooji paniyaram, semolina paniyaram recipe, kids after school snack.