Low fat sweet potato fries (Indian Style) is one of my favorite side dish. Whenever I go for weekly vegetable shopping, I used to buy sweet potato without fail. Sweet potatoes are very good for our health as they are very rich in minerals like potassium, iron, magnesium and vitamins like A, B6 and D. In US, sweet potatoes in markets are very bigger in size when compare to India. In this recipe, I used only 2 big sweet potatoes. You can also make sweet potato fries like french fries by deep frying them in oil . But instead of deep frying, I chose pan frying. I mixed all the masalas (spice powders), curd and sweet potato in a bowl, then i pan roasted them with less oil. It tastes awesome with sambar rice or dal rice or even good with chapathi. Also check my sweet potato fry recipe (sakkaraivalli kizhangu varuval)
How to make Low Fat Sweet Potato Fries (Indian Style)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (big)
- 2 Tbsp of Curd (yogurt)
- ½ Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- ½ Tsp of Pepper Powder
- ½ Tsp of Garam Masala
- ½ Tsp of Sambar Powder
- Pinch of Kashmiri Powder (optional) for colour
- 1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt tot taste
- Wash and cut the sweet potato into finger sized pieces with same thickness.
- In a bowl, add sweet potato and all the ingredients listed under ingredient list. Mix everything well with hand. Marinate them for 15 mins.
- Heat a pan with oil, add the marinated sweet potatoes, fry them in low flame for 20 mins until they turn crisp and brown.
- Low fat sweet potato fries are ready.
Ginger garlic paste adding for easy digestion.
You can follow the same recipe for potato.
Adjust the amount of spice powders as per your taste.