Coconut Milk Biryani Recipe / Thengai Paal Biryani
Coconut Milk biryani / Thengai paal biryani is a simple, flavorful and delicious one pot meal which involves lesser efforts and with lesser ingredients. At home, we all love one pot meal dishes like pulao or biryani or any variety rice dishes. But of course biryani always top the list. Who doesn’t like biryani with coconut milk ? the aroma itself makes us feel hungry, right ? If you want you can add any vegetables like peas or carrots and customize the recipe. I served it with potato fry and vathal.
Coming to coconut milk biryani recipe, this biryani has a predominant flavor of coconut milk, mildly spiced and with dollop of ghee absolutely it tasted rich and yummy.
This coconut milk biryani comes to my mind if I run out of any vegetables at home. This one pot meal perfectly fit the lunch box .
Check out my other biryani recipes
- Mushroom Biryani
- Kuska Biryani (Plain biryani without veggies)
- Vegetable Biryani in cooker
- Vegetable Dum Biryani
Ingredients for coconut milk biryani recipe
Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time:15 mins Serves: 2
- 1 Cup Rice (Basmati or Boiled Rice)
- 3 Tbsp of Ghee
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Big Red Onion, Chopped
- 4 Green Chilies, Slited
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 2 Cups of Thick Coconut Milk
- Salt to Taste
Method for Thengai paal biryani
- Soak the rice in water for 10 mins for basmathi rice. Wash it in running tap water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, curry leaves and fennel seeds, fry it for few secs.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry it until raw smell vanishes.
- Add chopped onion, fry it until it turns golden brown colour.
- Add green chilies and mint leaves, fry well for few secs.
- Add coconut milk, rice & salt, mix well. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Open the cooker, fluff it with a fork and switch off the flame.
- Delicious, hot yummy coconut milk biryani is ready to serve.
- You can use store bought coconut milk or homemade.
- Adjust the number of green chilies according to your taste.
- Ghee adds a nice flavor to the biryani.
- Add your favorite veggies to the biryani.
Tags: coconut milk biryani recipe, thengai paal biryani, how to make coconut milk biryani recipe, plain biryani with coconut milk, biryanirecipes, coconutmilk recipes, south indian biryani, easy biryani with coconut milk, thengaipaal sadham, coconut rice.