Last night I made dosa, instead of doing regular chutney or sambhar. I want to do something different and tasty.When I saw mushroom and spinach in fridge, I want to try this gravy, it was in my recipe note.Gravy was Super-nutritious and it tasted great with dosa.
2/3 Cup of Mushroom( I used baby portabella)
2 Cups of Spinach
1 Large Size Onion
2 Tbsp of Curry Powder
1 and 1/2 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
1/4 Cup of Milk (1%)
2 Tbsp of Cilantro or Coriander Leaves
Salt and Water as needed
2 Green Chillies
1 Large Tomato
1/4 Cup of Grated Coconut
2 Tbsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Mustard
1 Tsp of Cumin
Few Curry Leaves
Pinch of Asafoetida
- Wash and chop the mushroom and spinach.
- Take a blender and add ” To Grind” ingredients and make it to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil, add ” To Temper” ingredients, one by one.
- Add chopped onion and salt, fry for 1- 2 mins until it turns golden brown color.
- Take pan away from stove, add turmeric, curry powder or kulambu Milagai podi, fry for a min.
- Keep pan back to the stove, in a medium flame, add ginger garlic paste, fry for a min until raw smell vanishes.
- Add ground paste and fry for 2 mins until oil separates.
- Add mushroom with little water, cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add chopped spinach and garam masala, cook for 1 min.
- Add milk, mix well. check the salt. Switch off the stove.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Good accompaniment for dosa or uthappam and paratha
- You can add kulambu milagai podi instead of curry powder.
- You can add cream instead of milk for extra creaminess.
Health Benefits of Mushroom and Spinach
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Prevents cancers.
- Increases immunity.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Rich in minerals and vitamins.
- Good for eyesightbecause of beta-carotene.
- strengthen the muscles.
Sending this recipe to