Vegetarian Sandwich with Soy Crumbles and Mushroom Recipe
4 Whole Wheat Bread
Heat oil in a pan, add red chilly flakes and chopped onion, saute this for 2 mins until it turns golden brown.
Add soy crumbles, mushroom, garlic powder, salt and pepper, cook this for 3 – 5 mins. Once it done, keep this aside.
- Apply mayonnaise or vegennaise on each side of bread.
- Place sauteed soy crumbles and mushroom over mayonnaise on each side of bread.
- Place slice tomatoes and lettuce over the top of sauteed soy crumbles and mushroom. Apply honey mustard or Dijon mustard over the top of tomatoes.
- Assemble your sandwich by gently pressing the two slices of bread together.
- Toast the bread in skillet with lid and grill until it changes color and flip over; Hot sandwich is ready to eat.
- Serve it with a bowl of any soup or potato chips.
- Use any sort of cheese or bread of your choice.
- For dressing, you can use ranch or red wine vinaigrette.
Health Benefits of Vegetarian Sandwich
Vegetarian sandwich consists of soy crumbles and mushroom placed between two slices of bread, Mushrooms are high in protein and anti-oxidants, low in calories and fat. Soy crumles are best alternative to beef or any meat, also good for cardiovascular or digestive system.