Sprouts veg fried rice recipe is an easy, healthy vegetarian lunch dish can be done quickly at home. All you need is cooked rice, veggies and green gram sprouts. You can use any vegetables of your choice, even you can use mixed sprouts if you have in hand. I usually make chinese fried rice or japanese style fried rice or vegetable fried rice or chinese egg fried rice for lunch. Since I have some homemade green gram sprouts in fridge, I prepared in the same way of veg fried rice. You don’t need any side dish for this rice, just potato chips or ketchup is enough. You can pack this sprouts rice for lunch box for kids or adults or get together.
How to make Sprouts veg fried rice recipe
- 2 Tsp of butter
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- ½ Red Onion, sliced
- 1 green chilly
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 10 Baby Carrots, Chopped
- ½ Yellow Capsicum, Chopped
- ½ Orange Capsicum, Chopped
- ½ Green Capsicum, Chopped
- 2 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 Cup of Sprouts
- 2.5 Tsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp of Vinegar
- ½ Tsp of Sugar
- 1 Tsp of Tomato Ketchup (optional)
- 1 cup of Basmati Rice
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut all the vegetable finely.
- Soak the basmathi rice for 10 mins.
- Cook the rice in cooker for 2 whistles. Spread it in a plate and Cool down the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with butter and oil, when it is hot, add onion, green chilly and garlic, fry this for few mins.
- Add all the vegetables (carrots, capsicum and lastly green gram sprouts) frying each for 2 mins.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper, tomato ketchup, vinegar and sugar, fry this for a min.
- Finally add cooked rice, mix well gently. Check for salt.
- Add chopped green onion (spring onion) green part only.
- Switch off the flame and transfer it to serving bowl.
You can also use mixed sprouts.
For 1 cup of rice, add 1.5 cup of water
Cook all the vegetables in a high flame to retain its crunchy taste.
If you like ajinamotto, just use a pinch of it.
If you dont like crunchy taste of sprouts, cook it in cooker with water before using it.
tags: sprouts fried rice, sprouts fried rice recipe, how to make sprouts fried rice recipe, sprouts veg fried rice recipe, easy fried rice recipe, prepare fried rice at home, restaurant style fried rice, lunch box rice recipe