Sev Puri is one of the famous street food snack in India. Sev means crispy gram flour noodles and Papdi refers to crispy wheat flour disc. You can make this easy delicious sev puri chat at home in few minutes. You just need crispy papdi, sev, green chutney, sweet chutney, onion, potato and tomato. This is a basic recipe for sev puri. You can customize the recipe to your taste. I absolutely loved it.
How to make Sev Puri / Sev Papdi chat
- 8 Crispy Papdis
- ½ Cup of Sev
- 2 Potatoes, Boiled and mashed
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Big Tomato, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Sweet Chutney
- 1 Tbsp of Green Chutney
- Few Coriander Leaves, Chopped
- ½ Tsp of Chat Masala
- 1 Tsp of Lemon Juice
- Wash and chop the onion and tomato finely.
- Boil and mash the potato.
- Keep all the ingredients ready like chutneys, chat masala and lemon juice.
- Arrange the puris on a plate, top it up with onions, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Sprinkle some chat masala to it.
- Top it up with green chutney then with sweet chutney.
- Sprinkle some sev on top as much you want.
- Add a dash of lemon juice to the puri.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- Sev puri is ready to serve immediately.
Add chutneys little or more according to your taste.
Even you can add garlic chutney if you have.
To make sweet chutney at home, you need
3/4 tbsp of tamarind
3/4 tbsp of jaggery
1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder
salt and water.
pinch of chaat masala