Chickpeas Kurma / Kondakadalai Kurma / Chana Korma is a healthy, yummy coconut based curry and a perfect side dish for chapathi or dosa or puri or idiyappam or puttu or parotta. You can make this south Indian style kurma either with white or black chickpeas. They are very simple to make dish, they are very fragnant because of freshly ground spices. If you love the aroma of spices, then you would definitely fall in love with this kurma. Try this finger licking sundal kurma for breakfast or dinner. Also check other kurma recipes like potato kurma, kala chana (black chickpeas) curry, restaurant style kurma, green peas kurma, mushroom kurma, chole masala, vegetable kurma, navratan korma
How to make Chickpeas Kurma / Kondakadalai Kurma / Chana Korma
- 1 Cup of Cooked Chickpeas (White)
- 2 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tomato, Chopped
- 3 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- ½ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp of Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves to garnish
- To Grind
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut (grated)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Inch Ginger
- ½ Tsp of Fennel Seeds (sombu)
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- To Temper
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 1 Tsp of MUstard Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
- You can use canned chickpeas or if you are using dried one, soak it for overnight and pressure cook it next day with enough water.
- In a mixie, grind all the ingredients listed under "To Grind".
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds, cumin and curry leaves, after it pops up.
- Add onion, fry this until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, fry till it turns soft.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and red chilly powder, fry this well till oil seperates from it.
- Add cooked chickpeas, saute this well with masala, add salt, ground masala paste and water
- Cover and cook this for 10-15 mins in a low flame.
- Finally add coriander leaves, mix well and turn it off.
- Serve this kondakadalai kurma for chapathi or dosa
Add any vegetables of your choice like mushroom or potato.
Tags: Chickpeas Kurma, Kondakadalai Kurma, Chana Korma, kurma recipes for chapathi, kurma recipe ideas, kurma recipe with coconut, how to make chickpeas kurma, how to make kondakadalai kurma, prepare chana kurma, south indian style kurma, restaurant style kurma recipe, kurma seivadhu epadi.