I love to try different chutney recipes for idly or dosa. This spicy onion garlic chutney recipe is very simple to make and it tastes yum. Nothing can beat spicy chutney with hot idly and dosa. I already posted garlic chutney, small onion chutney. I got this onion garlic recipe from my friend and tried it yesterday, it was so good with samai idly. I really like onion and garlic combo. You can try this chutney without coconut too. If you are onion lover, then you will like this chutney.
How to make Spicy Onion Garlic Chutney Recipe
Ingredients for Onion Garlic Chutney
- 1 Big Red Onion
- 4-5 Red Chilies
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- Pinch of Tamarind
- 1.5 Tbsp of Coconut
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Curry Leaves
Method for Onion Garlic Chutney
- Heat oil in a pan, when it is hot, add red chilies, garlic, saute this for a min.
- Add onion and salt, saute this until it turns golden brown colour.
- Add asafoetida, tamarind and coconut, fry this for a min and turn it off.
- Cool it for 10 mins and grind it in a blender to a smooth paste along with water. Transfer this to a bowl.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves, when it is pops up. Transfer the tempering to a bowl, mix well with spoon.
- Yummy onion garlic chutney is ready to serve.
- Adjust the no of red chilly according to your taste.
- You can use small onion instead of big onion.
Tags: onion garlic chutney, spicy onion garlic chutney recipe, garlic chutney recipe, onion chutney recipe, chutney recipes, side dish for idly dosa, different chutney for idly dosa, spicy chutney recipe, chutney ideas easy chutney recipe vengaya poondu chutney