Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet.Today garlic is a widely recognized health enhancing supplement as garlic promotes the well-being of the heart and immune systems with antioxidant properties and helps maintain healthy blood circulation.
Garlic chutney / poondu chutney recipe is a puree of garlic, tomatoes and red chillies with the addition of seasonings. This spicy and flavorful garlic chutney can be served with idly or dosai .
- 22 Garlic Cloves (Big)
- 4 Red Chillies
- 2 Tomatoes, Medium Sized
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp of Gingelly Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Pinch of Hing
- Handful of Curry Leaves
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry garlic and red chillies for 1-2 mins until it turns golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Add little oil to a pan, saute tomato for a min until it starts to become soft. Switch off the stove. Let all the ingredients cool down for 5 mins.
- Now take a blender/mixie, add all the ingredients listed under ” To grind”.
- Grind it by adding little salt and water.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add all the ingredients listed under ” To Temper” once mustard seeds burst out, add the ground paste to it , mix well and switch off the stove.
- Garlic chutney is ready to serve.
- Serve it with idly or dosai
- If you want the chutney to be tangy, add little tamarind paste to it.
- Adjust spiciness according to your taste.
Health Benefits of Garlic
- Garlic has germanium which is a anti cancer agent.
- Regulate blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Strengthen your body defense against allergies.
- It has a anti microbial properties and boost the immune system.