Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet.Today garlic is a widely recognized health enhancing supplement as garlic promotes the well-being of the heart and immune systems with antioxidant properties and helps maintain healthy blood circulation.
Garlic chutney / poondu chutney recipe is a puree of garlic, tomatoes and red chillies with the addition of seasonings. This spicy and flavorful garlic chutney can be served with idly or dosai .
- 22 Garlic Cloves (Big)
- 4 Red Chillies
- 2 Tomatoes, Medium Sized
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tsp of Gingelly Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Pinch of Hing
- Handful of Curry Leaves
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry garlic and red chillies for 1-2 mins until it turns golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Add little oil to a pan, saute tomato for a min until it starts to become soft. Switch off the stove. Let all the ingredients cool down for 5 mins.
- Now take a blender/mixie, add all the ingredients listed under ” To grind”.
- Grind it by adding little salt and water.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add all the ingredients listed under ” To Temper” once mustard seeds burst out, add the ground paste to it , mix well and switch off the stove.
- Garlic chutney is ready to serve.
- Serve it with idly or dosai
- If you want the chutney to be tangy, add little tamarind paste to it.
- Adjust spiciness according to your taste.
Health Benefits of Garlic
- Garlic has germanium which is a anti cancer agent.
- Regulate blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Strengthen your body defense against allergies.
- It has a anti microbial properties and boost the immune system.
yummy chutney…I love garlic..nice clicks…..
Delicious chutney dear 🙂 thanks for visiting my FB page, happy to follow you and your page too. Just a suggestion why dont you add google friend connect its more easy to connect with you through that… good luck on your work and happy cooking
looks so delicious!!
Thanks for following me. I am following you on G+. Hope to see more recipes from you
Thank you for the comment..
Thks for stopping by, yummy chutney 🙂
delicious chutney 🙂
Brokersring.com – Learn how to turn $500 into $5,000 in a month!
[url=http://www.brokersring.com/]Make Money Online[/url] – The Secret Reveled with Binary Option
Binary Options is the way to [url=http://www.brokersring.com/]make money[/url] securely online
I like garlic chutney. But i dont know cook. Now i try am so happy. Thanks for sharing your nice information.
Comments are closed.