This colorful salad features black beans, onion, tomato, tangy lime juice, zesty cilantro and some seasonings. This colorful, high fiber, high protein salad makes a great side dish, appetizer served with chips, or lunch served with fresh tortillas. This salad is low in fat and loaded with antioxidants and fibers. Black beans make a complete protein when paired with brown rice, which is often why they are so commonly included in a vegetarian diet.
1 Can (15 oz)Cooked Black Beans
1/2 Cup of Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Roma Tomato, Finely Chopped
1/2 Green Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
1/2 Cup of Corn, Boiled
1 Tbsp of Jalapenos, Chopped
1 Tsp of Goya Adoba All Purpose Seasoning
1 Tsp of Goya Sazonador Total Seasoning
Dash of Pepper
Dash of Salt
2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil or Chipotle Mayonnaise
1 Green Onion, Finely Chopped
2 Tbsp of Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- Boil the corn in microwave for 2-3 mins.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill it for 15-30 mins.
- Right before serving, garnish it with chopped green onion and cilantro.
- If you don’t get black beans, try the same recipe with chick peas/chenna, rajma etc..
- Black Beans salad is ready to serve. Enjoy
- Serve it with tortilla chips.
- You can also add mashed avocado, after refrigerating.
- Use red onion instead of white onion.
- If you don’t have mexican seasoning, just use salt, pepper and cumin powder for seasoning.
- If you don’t get black beans, try the smae recipe with rajma or chenna/chickpeas.
Health Benefits of Black Beans
- Black beans are an excellent source of the trace mineral, molybdenum, an integral component of the enzyme sulfite oxidase, which is responsible for detoxifying sulfites.
- Good for diabetes and rich in dietary fiber.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Rich in antioxidants.