Asparagus Potato fry / Asparagus Recipe Indian Style is a simple yet delicious stir fry. Asparagus is packed with nutrients, high in antioxidants and it is one of the best source of folate which is very essential for pregnant women to protect their infants. It prevents cancer and heart diseases. You can make lot of tasty recipes with asparagus like steamed, roasted or grilled or stir fry. Today I am posting an easy Indian recipe with asparagus. Though it is not common in Indian markets, they are abundantly available in grocery stores in US during spring and summer. Asparagus cooks quickly, so make sure you have all the ingredients ready by the stove. It comes in different colours, I used green variety of asparagus. This asparagus stir fry goes very well with sambar rice / rasam / curd rice or any variety rice or chapathi. Also check my other recipe – mushroom asparagus stir fry
Asparagus Potato fry
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus (green)
- 2 Yellow Potatoes, Medium Sized
- 5 Small Onion
- 3 Garlic
- ¼ Inch Ginger
- 2 Tsp of Sambhar Powder or Curry Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tsp of Cooking Oil
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the tough bottom end of the asparagus. Chop them into fine pieces.
- Wash and chop the potatoes.
- In a mixie (blender), grind onion, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is hot, add mustard, urad dal and curry leaves, after it pops up. Add the potato and enough water, cover and cook it for few mins.
- Then add asparagus, ground paste, sambhar powder, garam masala and salt. Cover and fry it in a low flame for 10-15 mins until raw smell of ground paste goes off.
- Yummy asparagus potato fry is ready to enjoy with rice or chapathi.
You can follow the same recipe and use different vegetables.
Make sure to stir the veggies continuously to avoid burning or sticking to the pan
This is new to me.., bookmarked it.
Potato and asparagus combo sounds yumm…got to try it…looks so yumm
never tried asparagus… inviting to try
Comments are closed.