Easy mango jelly recipe using agar agar is a wonderfully refreshing fun dessert and a great party food. I like the color, flavor and silky, shiny texture of jelly. I love jellies from childhood, my mom used to make different flavors of homemade jelly with agar agar and I used to enjoy them for after school snacks. Agar agar also called china grass has no calories, no carbs, no sugar, no fat but it is loaded with fiber, calcium and iron. Agar agar is a vegetarian gelatin substitute and a gelling agent extracted from red algae. This mango jelly is quick to make at home dessert and I made this for my brother’s son who is 4 yrs old kid, he really enjoyed and he loved it. Try this homemade jelly, you will love it for sure.
How to make mango jelly recipe using agar agar
Easy Mango Jelly Recipe Using Agar Agar
- Agar Agar Strips (as shown in the picture)
- ⅔ Cup of mango puree from 1 ripe mango
- 8 Tbsp of white sugar
- ½ Cup of water
- 5 drops of lemon juice
- Ice cube tray
- Take agar agar (china grass) and chop them into fine pieces. Put them in a bowl and add water. Heat them on a medium flame and stir it until it completely melts.
- Wash the mango, peel the skin and chop the fruit. Add it to the blender along with sugar and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Now pour the mango puree to the agar agar bowl, add few drops of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Pour it into ice cube tray or any moulds.
- Keep the tray in freezer for an hour.
- Remove it by inverting and serve.
Adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste.
Instead of mango, you can use any fruit juice like strawberry or watermelon or blueberry.
Add milk or coconut milk for creaminess, your choice.