Green Peas Sundal Recipe / Pachai Pattani Sundal is a healthy, protein rich snack good for kids and adults. You can try any pulses like kollu(Horse gram), mochai (field beans), rajma (red kidney beans) or kondakadalai (chickpeas) by following this sundal recipe. Allready I have posted few sundal recipes like kondakadalai sundal, Sprouted Navadhanya sundal and peanut sundal Here in this recipe, I used frozen green peas. You can also use fresh green peas, if you get. Try this easy sundal recipe for navarathiri.
How to make green peas sundal recipe
- ⅔ Cup of Green Peas (Pachai Pattani) - Frozen
- 2 Tbsp of Freshly grated coconut
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 Red Chilly
- Few Curry Leaves
- ¼ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- ¼ Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup of Water
- Wash the green peas and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, when it is hot, add red chilly, after it changes color, add mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves, after it pops up add green peas and salt, fry well for secs.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, fry well for a min.
- Add water, cover and cook it for 5 mins.
- Finally add coconut, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Hot, delicious green peas sundal is ready to eat.
If you don't want coconut, you can avoid it.
If you like green chilly, add it and avoid red chilly powder.
Do not avoid red chilly that gives a nice flavor.