1 Cup of Boiled Peanuts
2 Tbsp of Grated Coconut / Dry desiccated Coconut
Salt to taste
2 Tsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
1 Tsp of Urad dal
2 Red Chilies
Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
6 Curry Leaves
- Soak and pressure cook the peanuts. For more details click on the link How to boil peanuts in pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a pan, when it is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chillies(Break it), asafoetida and curry leaves, after mustard seeds splutters, add the boiled peanuts and salt, give a quick stir, about a min.
- Add grated coconut, mix well with peanuts. Check the salt and turn off the stove.
- Hot, flavorful peanut sundal is ready..
- You can add chopped onion after you do the tempering with mustard seeds.
- Be careful in adding salt, because we already added salt while boiling peanuts in cooker.
- You can also add chopped green chilies in addition to red chilies for more spicy taste.
Health Benefits of Peanuts
- Rich in energy.
- Good source of monounsaturated fat, niacin, folate, vitamin E and anti-oxidants.
- Prevent gall stones and good for heart.
- Good source of resveratrol which reduces the risk of stroke.