kondakadalai (channa) Sundal recipe is a south Indian salad made with different legumes. Kondakadalai sundal recipe / channa sundal recipe /chick peas salad is a easy and healthy evening snack. Also we make kondakadalai sundal recipe for festival occasions particularly for Navarathri and Vinayaka chaturthi..kondakadalai Sundal recipe can be prepared either with white or black chickpeas. Both channa sundal are rich in protein and nutritious. Here it comes the recipe for kondakalai (channa) sundal recipe.
Ingredients for sundal recipe
- 1/2 Cup of Channa / Kondakadalai / Chick Peas
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Red Chilly
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Few Curry Leaves
Method for kondakadalai sundal recipe
- Soak chick peas in salt water for overnight (8hrs). Next day, wash it in cold water and pressure cook by adding salt, oil and water, for 2 whistles , simmer it for 35 mins in low flame. After that, turn off the flame. Let the pressure release on its own.
- Heat a pan with oil, add red chilly, mustard seeds, urad dal, after it splutters, add asafoetida and curry leaves, followed by channa, salt and coconut, mix well and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Healthy Channa sundal is ready to eat.
- You can use green chilly instead of red chilly.
- You can add chopped onion while tempering.
Health Benefits of Sundal / Chickpeas
- High in fiber, iron and protein.
- Rich in manganese and folate.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and low in glycemic index.
- Reduce the risk of Heart disease.
- Prevents breast cancer.
- Due to high in fiber and low in GI, they are good for weight loss
I have heard of this many times from a friend of mine. Planning since then to make it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Have heard but never tried…looks really yum…
Simple yet its the best for a munch and the beans are good for energy, very uplifting.
Yummy healthy sundal
Simple healthy salad
My mom makes ths bt never knew dat it has gt a name
They look delicious….have seen these often over internet, but never tried…Ur recipe was a reminder 🙂
delicious and healthy sundal !
Very yummy and healthy sundal dear, looks like u have changed the backround. Looks nice…
ya..priya..changed my background one week back….
Delicious and healthy sundal.
very delicious and yummy looking sundal dear 🙂
Healthy chickpeas prepared in the most delicious way 🙂
Healthy snack ! I love this 🙂
Nice photos, one of my fav too.
Comments are closed.