Sukku Milagu kuzhambu Recipe / Sukku Kuzhambu / Dry Ginger Pepper kulambu is a South Indian style medicinal kuzhambu recipe. Sukku (dry ginger ) has a lot of medicinal properties. It is used to treat cold, cough, headaches, fever and very good for digestion. So I always keep sukku powder in my kitchen. Whenever I get headache, I make a paste with sukku powder and water, apply it directly to the forehead. They are really effective to cure headache. I already posted lot of medicinal kuzhambu recipes like milagu kuzhambu, manathakali kuzhambu, vendhaya kuzhambu, Thuthuvalai kuzhambu recipes. Coming to the sukku kuzhambu recipe, they are mildly tangy, flavorful and spicy in taste. This kuzhambu is very healthy, so try to include in your diet. I had this kuzhambu with hot rice, papad and cabbage fry.
How to make Sukku Kuzhambu Recipe
Ingredients for Sukku Milagu Kuzhambu Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time :25 mins Serves:3
- 1 Red Onion, Finely Chopped
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium Size Tomato, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Grape Size Tamarind
- Pinch of Jaggery
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut
- 1 Tbsp of Pepper
- 3/4 Tsp of Dry Ginger Powder (sukku powder)
- 1/2 Tsp of Cumin
- 2 Tsp of Sambar Powder
- 1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Gingelly Oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp of Fenugreek Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
Method for Sukku Milagu Kuzhambu Recipe
- Place the tamarind in a warm water for few mins and extract the juice. Keep it aside.
- Grind coconut, sukku, pepper, cumin, sambar powder and coriander powder with little water.
- Heat a pan with oil, add all the ingredients listed under ” To Temper” when mustard seeds pops up, add onion, turmeric powder and garlic, fry well until onion turns golden brown colour. Add tomato and fry for a min.
- Now add ground mixture, fry for a min. Add tamarind water and salt, bring it to a boil. Simmer it for 15 mins until kuzhambu turns thick in consistency.
- Finally add a pinch of jaggery and asafoetida. Turn off the flame.
- Hot, delicious sukku kuzhambu is ready to serve.
- If you don’t have sambar powder, instead add 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of red chilly powder.
- My tamarind is very tangy even in small amount, so I used grape size. If yours is not that tangy, add little more.
- Gingelly oil adds a nice taste. You can also use any cooking oil.
- If you have dry ginger, use that instead of using dry ginger powder.
- Add small onions in place of big onions for great taste.
Tags: Sukku Milagu Kuzhambu Recipe, sukku kuzhambu, sukku recipe, sukku milagu kuzhambu, dry ginger kulambu, pepper dry ginger kulambu, how to make Sukku Milagu Kuzhambu Recipe at home, Kuzhambu Recipes, south indian kulambu recipes, medicinal kuzhambu recipes, easy no vegetable kuzhambu recipe.