Thuthuvalai kuzhambu is a traditional herbal kuzhambu(Stew)recipe which tastes divine and they are made with thuthuvalai leaves (Solanum Trilobatum / thai nightshade). I already posted thuthuvalai rasam recipe in my blog, they are good and instant remedy for cold and flu. This herbal kuzhambu recipe is a tasty rendition of tamil culture and village cuisine. When I was in India last year, my mom prepared this kuzhambu for me. Believe me, it has got nice taste and when you combined with rice and mixed with sesame oil( gingelly oil ) makes a wonderful lunch. This simply delicious thuthuvalai kuzhambu recipe goes well with appalam or papad or kootu. I had it with vazhaipoo kootu.
Health Benefits of Thuthuvalai Leaves
- Good for asthma, tuberclosis and relives stomach pain caused by gas and heat.
- Improves mental ability and cure dullness of hearing.
- Also cures constipation, rheumatism and gastric problem.
- Increases blood flow.
Also check my other Kuzhambu / Curry Recipes
- Manathakali Kai Kara Kuzhambu
- Vendhaya Kulambu
- Paruppu Urundai Kulambhu
- Thatta Payir(Karamani) Kara Kulambu
- Mochai Murungakai Kulambu
- Milagu Kuzhambu / Pepper Gravy
- Soya Chunks Mushroom Curry
- Creamy Spinach
- Vegetable Korma(Restaurant Style)
- Chickpeas Curry
- Vendakkai Puli Pachadi
- Kerala Avial / Aviyal
- Mushroom Spinach Gravy
- Allepey Mixed vegetable curry
- Beetroot Sambhar
- Green Onion Sambar
- Arachu Vitta Sambar
- Potato Masala for Poori
- Vendakkai Vatha Kulambu
- Tomato Rasam
- Kollu Rasam
- Thuthuvalai Rasam
- Tirunelveli Sodhi and Ginger Chutney
- Kerala Kadala Curry
How to make Thuthuvalai Kuzhambu Recipe
Ingredients for Thuthuvalai Kuzhambu Recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins Serves:4
Method for Thuthuvalai Kuzhambu Recipe
Tags: Thuthuvalai kuzhambu, thuthuvalai kuzhambu recipe, kuzhambu recipe for rice, herbal kuzhambu recipe, thuthuvalai rasam, thuthuvalai recipe for cold, thuthuvalai health benefits, solanum trilobatum recipe, south indian kulambu recipe, iyer kuzhambu recipe, kulambu recipe for rice.