Vallarai Thuvaiyal / Vallarai Keerai Chutney Recipe is very simple to make dish, it goes well with rice or idly or dosa. Vallarai keerai also called Indian pennywort is good for kids to enhance memory power and eye power. This wonderful herb is used to treat skin diseases, high blood pressure and controls blood sugar level. Also it helps in blood circulation and prevents premature ageing. You can make lot of recipes with vallarai (Brahmi) like vallarai sambar or vallarai rasam or kootu. Try this simple yummy vallarai thuvaiyal for rice.
Try my other thuvaiyal Recipes
Ingredients for Vallarai Keerai Chutney Recipe
- 1 Cup of Vallarai keerai
- Handful of Urad Dal
- Few Curry Leaves
- 2 Big Red Chillies
- 6 Pieces of Coconut
- Grape Size of Tamarind
- 1/4 Tsp of Asafoetida
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Salt to taste
Method for Vallarai Keerai Chutney Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan, add the vallarai leaves, saute this few mins and transfer this leaves to a plate. Allow it to cool.
- Heat the same pan with oil, add red chillies, garlic cloves, asafoetida, curry leaves, saute this few mins.
- Add urad dal, saute this until it turns light brown colour.
- Add tamarind, coconut, fry this for few mins and transfer it to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Grind all the ingredients along with salt and water.
- Transfer the chutney to the serving bowl.
- You can add green chilly instead of red chilly for spicy taste.
- If you want, you can temper it with oil and mustard seeds.
- You can use this keerai to make sambar or rasam or kootu.
Tags: vallarai keerai, vallarai keerai chutney, vallarai keerai chutney recipe, vallarai thuvaiyal, vallarai keerai thogayal, Indian pennywort chutney, how to make vallarai keerai thogayal, prepare vallarai chutney, memory power boosting green chutney, thuvaiyal recipes, tamil healthy recipes.