Curry leaves rice / karuveppilai sadham / Karivepaku Annam – a simple and flavorful rice dish. Nothing can beat the flavour of curry leaves when you add them in hot oil. This is my mom’s recipe. My mom makes lots of variety rice dishes. During school and college days, everyday I take different rice dishes for lunch box. It was a big hit and favourite among friends.
Most of us don’t know the medicinal value of curry leaves, they just throw the leaf from food. Try to include this herb in your regular diet especially it is very good for women’s health, because it keeps your uterus healthy and taking curry leaf everyday will get rids of all women’s problems like irregular periods and infertility problems.
Making curry leaves rice is very easy and even bachelors can make it. Also you can make this karuveppilai sadham to pack for lunch box for kids and adults.Kids will also love this rice because of its green colour.
Are you breaking your head daily and thinking what to pack for your husband and kid..Then try this easy curry leaves rice recipe.
Health benefits of Curry Leaves
- Helps to keep anaaemia at bay.
- Fights diabetes.
- lowers cholesterol.
- Improves digestion.
- Prevents greying of hair.
Preparation Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins Serves : 2
Ingredients For Curry Leaves Rice
- 2 Cups of Cooked Rice
- 1 Handful of Curry Leaves
- 1 Tsp of Ghee
- Salt as required
To Fry and Grind
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Clove (Small)
- 1 Cinnamon (Small)
- 2 Red Chilies
- 1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp of Cumin
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut (Grated)
- 6 Cashews Nuts
- 2 Tbsp of Urad Dal
- 2 Tsp of Gingelly Oil or any cooking oil
- 1 Tsp of Mustard
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
Method for karuveppilai sadam
- Heat a pan with oil, roast the curry leaves until all the moisture in the leaves goes off. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, fry all the ingredients listed under ” To fry and To grind”. Once it done, cool down and then grind it along with curry leaves.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds, after it crackles, add asafoetida, fry it for few secs and turn off the stove. Add ground curry leaves powder, cooked rice, a tsp of ghee and salt. Gently mix it.
- Flavourful curry leaves is ready to serve.
- You can also add few garlic while frying.
- Use freshly cooked rice or leftover rice.
- Adding ghee makes rice more flavourful.
Tags : curry leaves rice, karuveppilai sadam, curry leaf rice recipe, how to make curry leaves rice, prepare curry leaves rice, no onion no garlic recipe, easy lunch box recipe, lunch box rice, bacheoler variety rice recipe, variety rice recipe, curry leaves recipe