Did you get bored with regular sambar with dal ???? Here comes an interesting dish – Pottukadalai sambar recipe is an easy, quick and instant sambar without dal and veggies and this is my mom’s recipe. In this sambar recipe, I didn’t add any vegetables. If you like, you can add any vegetables of your choice. If you are hurry to office, forgot to soak dal, this is a right recipe for you and healthy too. Serve this hot pottukadalai sambar with potato fry and appalam, it tastes heavenly Also this is a great side dish for pongal or idly or dosa. Even bachelor can make this so easily and a perfect sambar to pack for lunch boxes. If you are a roasted gram lover, give it try, you will love this for sure.
Also try this recipes without vegetables
- Plain Kurma recipe without veggies (restaurant style)
- Kuska Biryani recipe without veggies
How to make Pottukadalai Sambar Recipe
- 3 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Red Chilly
- 1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Few Curry Leaves
- ¼ Tsp of Fenugreek
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Green Chilly
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- 3 Tsp of Sambar Powder
- ½ Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
- 3 Tbsp of Fried Gram (Pottukadalai)
- Small gooseberry size of Tamarind
- Pinch of Hing
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt and water as needed
- Heat a pan with little oil, fry the fried gram for 2 mins in low flame, cool it and grind it along with water to a fine paste. Keep it aside. This step is optional.
- Soak the tamarind in warm water for 10 mins, squeeze out the juice and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add red chilly, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal, hing, curry leaves, after it pops up, add onion, green chilly and salt, fry until it turns golden brown colour.
- Add sambar powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fry well for a min.
- Add tomato, fry well until it turns soft and mushy.
- Add fried gram paste, sugar and water, let it boil for few mins.
- Add tamarind water, bring it to a boil and simmer it for 10 mins.
- Finally garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Hot, yummy pottukadalai sambar is ready to serve.
You can add any vegetables of your choice.
Tags: pottikadalai sambar, pottukadalai sambar recipe, instant sambar recipe, quick sambar without dal, sambar recipe without veggies, side dish for idly dosa, south indian sambar, roasted gram sambar, how to make pottukadalai sambar at home, prepare pottukadalai sambar, pottukadalai recipe, roasted gram recipe.
Delicious sambar, the whole platter looks tempting..
simple yet delicious sambar
Comments are closed.