“Say Cheese“ This is a cheesy snack. I used potato and Parmesan cheese which is a popular hard cheese used in salads and pasta dishes. They are easy to make, shallow-fried, finger licking savory that goes good for evening snack.
3 Medium Size Potato (Boiled)
3 Tbsp of Corn Starch
3 Tbsp of Gram Flour
1 Tbsp of Coriander Powder
1 Tsp of Cumin Powder
1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
1 Tsp of Pepper Powder
1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying.
1 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese to garnish.
- In a bowl, add boiled and mashed potatoes, corn starch, gram flour, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilly powder, pepper, Parmesan cheese and salt, mix well. Use your hand and blend together all the ingredients in the form of dough.
- Make a patty or ball out of the dough.
- Heat a frying pan or Cast Iron Pan, place the patty gently in the pan, apply some oil and cook until it turns golden brown. Also cook on other side.
- Gently take out the patty, drain the oil and keep it in a bowl with a paper towel at the bottom.
- Finally garnish or top the patty with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- You can do deep fry or shallow fry or in oven.
- You can use 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese instead of 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- You can keep this patty between 2 toasted bread to get cheesy sandwich.
Health Benefits of Parmesan Cheese
- Parmesan cheese is a popular hard cheese used in salads and pasta dishes.
- Cheese is a great source of protein and calcium.
The calcium in cheese can help keep your teeth and bones strong.
- Potatoes rich in carbohydrates, so it is easy to digest and facilitate digestion.
- Potatoes are rich in vitamin C, B and less protein.