3/4 Cup of Frozen Baby Lima Beans
1 Chopped Large Onion
1 Chopped Large Tomato
2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1/4 – 1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp of Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp of Cumin Powder
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
Few Cilantro or Coriander leaves
Salt as needed
2 Garlic Cloves
3 Tbsp of Grated Coconut
2 Green Chillies
1 Tbsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
Few Curry Leaves
- In a blender, add ” To Grind ” ingredients, grind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan/cooker. Test the oil by adding one fennel seed; if seed crackles then your oil is ready.Add fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and salt, fry for 1-2 mins until onion turns golden brown.
- Add ground paste, saute well until raw smell vanishes.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilly powder, saute well for a min.
- Add chopped tomato, cook for 2-3 mins until oil separates.
- Add lima beans, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well with masala. Add enough water and check the salt. Close it with a cooker lid and cook for 3 whistles. Switch off the stove. Finally garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Hot Lima beans curry is ready to serve.
- Serve with chapathi or stuffed paratha.
- You can add ginger garlic paste instead of garlic cloves.
- You can also add peas or carrot to this recipe.
- You can add lemon juice at the end for more tangibleness.
Health Benefits of Lima Beans
- Good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber
- Rich in iron, which provides cell growth in your body.
- Rich in Protein and carbohydrates.