ONION STUFFED PARATHA ( Step by step procedure)
Onion has been used as an ingredient in various dishes for thousands of years by many cultures around the world. This delicious onion paratha is a healthy dish for breakfast or lunch or dinner. They are easy to make, healthy alternative to regular chapathi. It tastes really great with raita or dal or subzi
1 and 1/2 Cup of Wheat Flour
1/2 Tsp of Ajwain/ Carrom Seeds
1 Tbsp of Oil
2 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
Salt and Water as needed
1 Large onion (Finely Chopped)
3 Tbsp of Goat cheese or Cottage Cheese
3 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
3/4 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1 Tsp of Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp of Dry Mango Powder/ Amchur Powder
Salt as needed
Making of Stuffing
In a bowl add all the ” For Stuffing ” ingredients. Mix well. Keep it aside.
Making of Paratha
- Take a required water in a kettle and boil it.
- In the mean time take a wide bowl and add flour, ajwain, salt and oil.
- Now add boiled water to the bowl containing flour. Mix well with fork and make a dough like you do for chapathi’s. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat a tawa or chapathi pan. Meanwhile make a equally sized balls out of the dough and roll it into a circular thin paratha.
- Now add the stuffing and fold the paratha and roll into square paratha as shown in picture.
- Carefully place the paratha on the heated pan. You will see tiny bubbles rises on the surface of roti.
- Now it’s time to flip the paratha with a spatula. Once first flip is done, apply oil or ghee on the upper surface and spread all over the paratha.
- Flip again in 30 secs and apply some oil. Press paratha gently with a spatula and cook till brown spots appear on both the sides of the roti.
- Onion stuffed paratha is done when both sides are brown and crispy. Remove it from pan and place it in serving dish.
- Repeat the same process with each ball of dough.
- Serve with any dal or onion raita.
- Adding ajwain helps in digestion.
- Adding warm water to flour makes paratha soft.
- Add butter instead of oil.
- Rich sources of fructo- oligosaccharides. The oligomers stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria.
- Lowers blood lipids and blood pressure.
- Prevents cancers.