Delicious Paneer Bhurji is a popular dish in Punjab region of India. Panner is a Indian cheese and substitute to meat for vegetarians. This recipe is made with paneer or cottage cheese is crumbled and then cooked with onion, tomato and spice mix. It’s quite easy to prepare and rich in protein. Best accompaniment for paratha and roti.
7-10 Cubes of Paneer (Crumble it )
1/2 Cup of Peas
1 Chopped Onion (Medium Size)
1 Chopped Tomato ( Large)
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
3 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
1 Tsp of Cumin
Pinch of Garam Masala
1 Tsp of Dried Methi Leaves
1 Tbsp of Oil
Salt and Water as needed
1 Tsp of Black Salt
1 Tsp of Fennel Seeds
1/4 Tsp of Hing
1/4 Tsp of Cumin Powder
1/2 Tsp of Amchur Powder
1/2 Tsp of Dry Ginger Powder
1/2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
Pinch of Cinnamon Powder
1 Blade of Mace
1 and 1/2 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Heat a pan with oil, add cumin, chopped onion and fry until it turns to golden brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry for 1-2 mins until raw smell vanishes.
- Add tomato, fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add green peas and spice mix, saute well for 1-2 mins.
- Add crumbled paneer and little water. Keep it covered and cook for 5-6 mins.
- Finally add dried methi leaves and a pinch of garam masala. Mix well. Cook for 1-2 mins. Check the salt and switch off the stove.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- Serve with roti or paratha
- You can do this dish either with homemade or store bought frozen paneer.
- You can add any vegetables to this dish like capsicum or carrot.
- You can add green chilly for extra spiciness.
Health Benefits of Paneer
- Source of calcium and protein.
- Rich in vitamin B and D
- Enhances blood formation and strengthen the liver.
- Reduces risk of cancers and stomach disorders.