Broccoli is very common in my pantry because of its rich in nutritional benefits. This simple dish is very quick to make with less time and less ingredients. Good to eat with sambhar rice, dal rice and curd rice.
1 Large Broccoli
3 Tbsp of Chopped Onion
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Tsp of Sambhar Powder or Red Chilly Powder
1/4 Tsp of Garam Masala
1 Tsp of Mustard
1 Tsp of Urad Dal
1/2 Tsp of cumin
Pinch of Hing
1 Tbsp of Oil
Salt to taste
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard, urad dal, cumin, let it crackles and then add hing and chopped onion, fry until it changes to golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry until raw smell vanishes.
- Take pan away from the stove, add sambhar powder and fry for a min.
- Keep pan back to the stove, add broccoli, salt and little water. Stir well. Keep it covered and cook for 3 mins.
- Add garam masala, mix well. Cook for a min and then switch off the stove.
- Broccoli Stir fry is ready to serve.
- It goes well with spinach dal or sambhar rice.
- You can add ginger alone instead of ginger garlic paste.
- Adding cumin is optional.
Health Benefits of Broccoli
- Rich in vitamin C, Vit K, potassium and calcium.
- Boost the immune system.
- Good for eye health and heart health.
- Lowers the cholesterol.